This programme provides students with basic knowledge and practical skills of the airport passenger terminal operations, including the basic operational science, service culture and industry-related regulations. The in-class training lets students to put theories learned into application, and strengthens their hands-on skills for a seamless career development in the future.
If students attained “Attained with Distinction (I)” in this ApL course^, it is comparable to Level 3 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination; if they attained “Attained with Distinction (II)”, it is comparable to Level 4 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination.
Hong Kong International Airport site-visit, workshop with industry standard, e.g. systems of passenger terminal, operational system and principles of control, information system, baggage carousel, automated people mover
- Hong Kong International Aviation Academy takes part in planning the programme content and teaching
- Students have the opportunity to study in the Hong Kong International Aviation Academy
- Students will plan a series of cultural festivals and events through the final project. It can deepen their understanding of the airport passenger terminal operations
- Introduction to Airport Passenger Terminal (40 hours)
- Safety and Sustainable Development (40 hours)
- Systems and Technology (40 hours)
- Service and Operation (60 hours)
Reference Table for Grades
Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority - Applied Learning Subjects Result Assessment and Information