As the "Events Capital of Asia", Hong Kong plays host to a vast array of mega events and exhibitions each year, including festivals, cultural activities, business meetings and product exhibitions to attract huge amount of tourists. Industry demand for event management professionals is growing significantly. This programme is designed to meet the needs of the industry by providing vocational and professional training in tourism and event management. With the Qualifications Framework QF Level 4, graduates can pursue professional recognitions that help them up a step on the career ladder.
This programme (non-laboratory-based) is subsidised under Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). In the 2021/22 cohort, a subsidy of up to $22,050 per academic year will be provided to each eligible local student.
- Students are eligible to apply for Certificate Courses offered by Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong for professional qualifications
- Not less than 600 hours of internship, allowing students to learn from the actual working environment, increasing competitiveness and acceptance after graduation
- Provides students empirical experience on how to maintain the smoothness in running various events under teamwork mentality and strengthen their employ-ability skills
- Strong industry and employer networks help connect and build platforms between students and the industry which enhance student employability
- Graduates can pursue a bachelor's degree programme in related disciplines
- Event Facilities Management
- International Events and Festivals
- Principles of Event Operations
- Itinerary Planning and Tour Packaging
- Tourism Policy and Planning
- Special Interest Tourism
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions Management
- Internship (at least 600 hours)