This programme attaches importance to both theory and practice, and covers topics of public relations strategies, communication skills, brand images and multimedia applications. Students are equipped with knowledge and skills of public relations and communication through online project(s), which could better prepare them for further studies and career pursuits.
If students attained “Attained with Distinction (I)” in this ApL course^, it is comparable to Level 3 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination; if they attained “Attained with Distinction (II)”, it is comparable to Level 4 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination.
- Take part in conceiving, planning, executing and evaluating to work out an integrated promotion plan and play the role of PR practitioner
- Provide the professional teaching equipment for video shooting, for examples, hardware - a tiny camera (DJI Osmo Pocket) and wireless mic (BOYA BY-WM4 Mark II); software - Adobe Premiere Pro, Prezi, e.t.c., to produce the attractive promotion video
- Provide spacious study zone with ‘One Device (MAC) per Student’
- Join different subject talks and site visits periodically to learn about the industrial operation and its latest development, for example, paying a visit to an advertising company, or even join the ‘Workplace Shadow Programme’ to consolidate the knowledge about public relations and multimedia
Public Relations Hong Kong Limited (PRHK)
- Students can apply for the Student Member of Public Relations Hong Kong Limited
Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals' Association Limited (PRPA)
- Students can apply for the Associate Member of Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals' Association Limited
- PRPA will provide professional talks to HKCT students
- Basic Concept of Public Relations and Communication (40 hours)
- Brand Building and Professional Image (20 hours)
- Multimedia Communication Skills (28 hours)
- Application of Multimedia in Public Relations (56 hours)
- Final Project on Public Relations and Multimedia Communication (36 hours)