This programme enables students to understand the basic knowledge in the areas of sports science, fitness and health as well as the fitness testing and assessment through the practice of exercise and fitness skills. Through the integration of learned knowledge and skills, students need to design and implement sports and fitness training activities, which strengthens their job-related skills to prepare for further study in sports-related programmes and career development.
If students attained “Attained with Distinction (I)” in this ApL course^, it is comparable to Level 3 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination; if they attained “Attained with Distinction (II)”, it is comparable to Level 4 of the Category A subjects of HKDSE examination.
- Focus on practical and applicable based teaching and assessment, majority lessons are taught outside standard classrooms
- Free access to all professional sports facilities in HKCT, including gym room, dance studio and basketball court, inside or outside class
- Acquire sports basic techniques and coaching skills, learn to design appropriate exercise and fitness training activities for different sports through a variety of sports and fitness training such as functional training, yoga and basketball
- Play the role of a coach to plan, implement and lead fitness training activities, which allows applying the skills and theories learned and gain practical experience
- Participate in different visits and extra-curricular activities, including sports competition, internship, etc. to broaden horizons
- Fitness and Health (20 hours)
- Exercise Science (20 hours)
- Fitness Testing and Assessment (20 hours)
- Functional Training (20 hours)
- Yoga (20 hours)
- Selected Ball Game (20 hours)
- Practical Coaching (30 hours)
- Training Planning and Implementation (30 hours)