This programme enables students to develop the philosophy as well as a broad and solid knowledge base in sports management and coaching for the betterment of society through promoting active lifestyle. It equips students with the practical knowledge and skills to perform diverse management duties in the sports industry. It also provides students with the training in interpersonal skills and the experiential learning opportunities that socialize them into the respective professions of sports management and coaching.
Paving the way for professional advancement
- This programme provides an in-depth deliberation of the meaning, philosophy and implementation strategy of “Promoting Active Lifestyle” in different facets and levels of society; students will be able to identify the direction for professional advancement.
Sports coaching as an entry point, becoming a knowledge-based professional
- This programme briefs students on the principles of sports coaching as well as the essential support for nurturing athletes; students will be able to adopt the perspectives of coaches and athletes and effectively implement, evaluate and optimize sports policies and measures.
Special offer of multiple scholarships
- In order to encourage those who are interested in participating in sports management and promoting active lifestyle, HKCT Institute of Higher Education (the Institute) offers a $10,000 or $20,000 scholarship to newly enrolled students. Students with excellent academic performance may have the opportunity to receive full or half tuition scholarship for the year. A specific “Physical Development Excellence Scholarship” is established for students who have attained Level 4 or above in the Physical Education elective of HKDSE; or attained “Distinction II” in the “Applied Learning – Sports and Fitness Coaching” awarded by the Hong Kong College of Technology; or have been a Hong Kong representative in international games, are welcome to apply. Successful applicants are granted a maximum full-tuition fee waiver for the entire study duration after deduction of NMTSS of the programme.
Providing learning experience in physical development
- This programme engages students in an in-depth study of different areas, covering the related key features, development, coaching considerations and management strategies; students will not only gain a better understanding of the sports management profession, but also a fruitful whole-person development.
Practical work opportunity, train to be sports executives
- Apart from the internship for 300 hours, this programme provides opportunities of practical work sporadically. For examples, students had an opportunity to participate in the promotion of curling activities of the International Curling Academy during 2018-19. It helps students to establish their self-image, interiorize the working ethic of sports management and develop the professional network of themselves. Apart from putting knowledge into practice, students can also experience the challenges that sports executives would face and learn the strategies to resolve the problem.
Strategic use of medium of instruction
- This programme uses Chinese as a medium of instruction for more than half of subjects; students are encouraged to have academic discussion proactively. Other subjects will be taught in English; this can better equip students to get in line with their international counterparts in the sports management profession.
2+2 Articulation Scheme
- Students who have completed the 2-year HKCT Higher Diploma in Fitness, Coaching and Sports Management and fulfilled designated requirements will be eligible to receive admission offer of this 2-year bachelor programme of senior-year entry (i.e. direct entry to the third year of this Programme).
- Sports Policy and Administration
- Risk Management and Legal Aspects in Sports
- Sports Marketing
- Human Resources Management in Sports
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Activities for Special Populations
- Theory and Practice of Physical Conditioning
- Honours Project
- Offer of the subjects (including electives) are subject to Institute’s final decision without prior notice.
- Individual students may be required to take supplementary subjects which might extend their duration of study.